Machine tools can make your machine shop far more productive. Even so, it is important to ensure that you and your staff are exercising safety measures to ensure that no one gets hurt.
- When operating machine tools, always make sure that operators wear safety glasses to ensure the eyes are protected.
- It is also a good idea to wear sturdy footwear when working with machine tools to ensure that the operator does not slip.
- Loose clothing is not advised when working with CNC lathes. Instead, it is important to wear protective clothing.
- Prior to switching off your CNC lathe, perform all necessary repair and maintenance.
- When the machine is not in use, it should be turned off.
- Prior to beginning any type of operation, ensure that all the parts and tools are tight.
- Machine tools should always be positioned in a clear area where there is no coolant, oil, dust, spills, or dirt present.
- Ensure that all guards are securely in place when beginning work with a CNC lathe.
By ensuring that everyone in your shop is taking safety measures when working with machine tools, you can reduce the risk of injury and boost productivity.