A CNC lathe is a significant investment for any business. As such, it is only natural to want to ensure that your investment is cared for properly. The following tasks can help to ensure that your CNC lathe does not succumb to wear and tear.
1. After every 1000 hours of operation, check the bed level on your CNC lathe.
2. After every 2000 hours of operation, check the suction filter and replace it as necessary.
3. After every 1000 hours of operation, check the backlash.
4. After every 1000 years of operation, check the center of headstock. It is also important to check the spindle belt.
5. After every 2000 hours of operation, check the belt and the belt tension for wear and cracking.
6. After every 1000 hours of operation, inspect the hydraulic chuck. The stroke should be checked every 500 hours, while the chucking accuracy should be inspected every 500 hours.
7. Every 8 hours, check the main pressure.
8. The filter should be cleaned every 2000 hours and hydraulic oil should be replaced every 2000 hours.
9. The coolant system should be checked every 1000 hours and the tank cleaned every 2000 hours.